Criminal Defense Attorneys in Sioux Falls, SD
Hire a criminal defense lawyer who will fight for you. Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP in South Dakota has a proven record of zealously providing skillful legal representation to our clients who are facing prosecution or are involved in the criminal legal process.
A criminal accusation can turn your life around in an instant. The criminal defense attorneys at Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP know how much stress and uncertainty criminal accusations can cause, and will be your experienced advocate every step of the way in the legal process you face. Getting experienced counsel will ensure you have an aggressive criminal defense for your case. The Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP legal team in Sioux Falls, SD has successfully defended thousands of clients against misdemeanor and felony criminal charges.
Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Representing yourself in a criminal defense case is fraught with peril. An experienced criminal defense attorney, like the attorneys at Wilka, Welter & Ash, will provide special knowledge, skills and years of trial experience and advocacy to vigorously represent you and protect your Constitutional rights and your presumption of innocence.
A criminal defense lawyer:
- Helps you understand the nature of charges filed against you, as well as your defense and plea bargain options
- Negotiates with the prosecution for reduced charges or sentencing
- Gathers evidence and statements, as well as hires and manages investigators and experts to contradict, rebut, or disarm prosecution witnesses
- Knows the procedures of the courthouse, and knows how to appeal to a prosecutor when attempting to successfully resolve a case
- Provides counsel, support, and guidance throughout the entire legal process
Types of Criminal Defenses
Criminal defense law covers a broad range of crimes. We provide criminal defense legal representation and services for all types of felonies, including, but not limited to:
- Sex Offenses
- Grand theft
- Domestic violence
- Aggravated assault
- Possession or distribution of narcotics
- Controlled Substances and Marijuana
We also provide criminal defense legal representation and services for all misdemeanors, including, but not limited to:
- Possession of cannabis under 2 ounces
- Petty theft
- Drunk driving
- Beverage law violations
- Disorderly conduct
- Disorderly intoxication
- Criminal traffic violations
How to Choose a Criminal Defense Attorney
Finding the right criminal defense lawyer for your situation is important. Here are some qualities we recommend you look for in your search:
- Proven success: As a defendant, you should look for a criminal defense attorney who has successfully represented clients with identical or similar offenses. See the above list of felonies and misdemeanors that Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP have the special knowledge, skill and experience with which to help you.
- Local experience: Procedures can vary from one courthouse to another, so knowing the ins and outs of local procedures and personnel can help you do better in court. If your trial is in the South Dakota area, the Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP team have successfully defended clients in most every county in eastern South Dakota where your case will be processed and tried.
- Personal attention: The experienced criminal trial lawyers at Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP will provide you and your case with our best efforts and the personal attention you and your case deserve.
- Free consultation: Going through a criminal defense case is a big deal, and it is important that you feel comfortable with the attorney representing you. A free consultation allows you to meet a prospective lawyer and ask them questions about their experience and approach. This allows you to find the right legal representation for you.
Contact Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP for a Free Consultation
Whether you just need some legal advice, or need criminal defense now, the Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP team is ready to help. When you come to Wilka, Welter & Ash, LLP we will carefully review and evaluate your criminal matter, walk you through the facts, the law, and the legal process. We will provide you with skillful legal counsel to help you make the best-informed decision about what to do to obtain the best possible outcome under the facts and circumstances of your legal matter. Contact us right now to speak to an experienced criminal defense trial lawyer.